This is yet another find for low iodine and vegan diets. It's not for everyone, but I happen to love grains of all kinds. If you like bran muffins and multi-grain bread then you'll love these muffins. They are packed with nutrition and are very tasty.
1/2 c multi-grain oatmeal
5 TB brown sugar (1/4 c + 1 TB)
2 TB oil or softened vegetable margarine
1.5 tsp cinnamon
1 c multi-grain oatmeal
1-1/2 c white flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
2 TB shredded frozen coconut (Walmart, Asian market, Latin market)
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup unsweetened natural applesauce
2 TB honey
1/2 c coconut milk
1/4c - 1/3 c chopped walnuts or pecans
1/4 cups raisins (optional)
1/2 c + 2 TB brown sugar
1/4 c vegetable oil
2 egg whites
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line a muffin pan with baking cups
3. Prepare topping by blending brown sugar, oats, oil or margarine, mixing well.
4. Prepare muffins by combining flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, blend egg whites, applesauce, coconut milk, brown sugar, and oil.
5. Stir in dried coconut, nut, and raisins, if using.
6. Fill the cups with a spoon of batter, just enough to cover the bottom.
7. Spoon in a layer of streusel.
8. Fill the cups 3/4 of the way full with more batter.
9. Bake 18 minutes, or until golden brown on the edges.
All-time Most Popular Posts
One of my favorite foods on earth is pernil, or latin style pulled pork. It's juicy, it's citrus-y, it's herby, it has the yum...
Sopes, also known as pellizcadas, migadas, or picadas, are a delicious traditional Mexican antojito , or appetizer. They are very eas...
This Week's Most Popular Posts
Mmmmm, kaw (kaw saik jrouk) is one of my favorite Cambodian dishes. I absolutely love it's delicious caramelized yumminess! It is...
Hi everyone! I always feel so rude not saying hi. I hope that you guys are having a great weekend. I've been doing a two week no j...