All-time Most Popular Posts

This Week's Most Popular Posts

Monday, March 19, 2012

Peanut Butter Pecan Blondies

So if you haven't figured it out yet, I love peanut butter!  It gives the perfect decadent richness to so many different desserts.  I had a craving for something chewy and quick that I could dress up with just a touch of peanut butter.  I thought about cookies, but I've never been too big on peanut butter cookies, and I wasn't finding any twists on the typical recipe that were interesting enough for me.  Peanut butter oatmeal cookies?  Nope!  No quick oats around.  Then it came to me--if I don't want chocolate, but I want that yummy chewiness of a good, fudgey brownie, why not make a blondie?  And what could be better than a peanut butter blondie?  Well, not much.

Try out this recipe and see for yourself.  Enjoy the perfect chewiness, the crispness of the edges,  the richness added by a touch of peanut butter, and the perfect crunch and added nutty touch from chopped pecans, mmmmm, mmmm, mmm!

I modified this recipe based on the blondie recipe shared by "Whipped the Blog"
Simply follow this recipe but add in 1 TB of good quality peanut butter (I recommend Planter's) after the sugar is dissolved and before the eggs are added.  Yum, oh, yum!

***These are best on the first day, but still great later.  I highly recommend storing them with a slice of bread (change it daily) to retain chewiness***

No comments:

Post a Comment