All-time Most Popular Posts

This Week's Most Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Garlic Parmesan Broccoli

Hi everyone!

As promised, I told you that I would integrate some of the wonderful recipes I came up with during my two veggie months that I mentioned.  This recipe is a super flavorful garlic parmesan broccoli recipe.

So, I already love broccoli anyway, but oh my goodness, this is the most amazing broccoli I have ever had in my entire life!!  My garlic Parmesan broccoli tasted like something from a fine restaurant.  Just amazing and bursting with flavor without overpowering the broccoli.  At the same time, if you have a resident veggie hater around, serve them this broccoli and make them a total convert!  I promise!


Garlic Parmesan Broccoli
Mash
1 bunch Fresh broccoli
About 10 black peppercorns
½ tsp salt
1 TB parmesan cheese (in the can)
2 cloves fresh garlic
Thumb length piece of a leek or green onion chopped into small pieces

Stir in
A drizzle of olive oil to toss broccoli with

Directions:
1. Mash the ingredients above, besides olive oil, in a mortar and pestle or in a ziplock using a rolling pin to mash.  If it's all you have, use a food processor, but the oils really come out when the ingredients are mashed.
2. Toss the broccoli with all of the mashed ingredients that have been blended with olive oil.
3. Cook in your preferred method until al dente and enjoy! I just sauteed mine over medium heat.

You may never want regular broccoli or broccoli and cheese again ;).

Hugs,
DF

No comments:

Post a Comment