Looking for the perfect chocolate cake? Look no further! This cake is chocolate-y, super moist, yet springy, and absolutely delicious! This one is one of our family favorites, whether as a sheet cake glazed with toffee syrup before being topped with whipped cream or as a layer cake filled with raspberry preserves. This is one chocolate cake that you just can't go wrong with, no matter what you decide to do with it. As much as I am just not a fan of Hershey's chocolate or their cocoa, you'd never know that it was Hershey's with this oh-so-wonderful cake. Enjoy :).
1-3/4 c all-purpose flour
3/4c Hershey's Cocoa
1-1/2 baking powder
1-1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2c vegetable oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1c boiling water
1. Heat oven to 350F. Grease and flour two 9-in baking pans.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla.
3. Beat on med. speed 2 min. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour into pans.
4. Bake 30-35 min or until a toothpick comes out clean.
5. An alternative test would be to touch the center of the cake for springiness. Once it is springy, it is done.
6. Cool 10 minutes (do not let sit in pan too long or it will stick). Remove from pan and cool completely before frosting
All-time Most Popular Posts
One of my favorite foods on earth is pernil, or latin style pulled pork. It's juicy, it's citrus-y, it's herby, it has the yum...
Sopes, also known as pellizcadas, migadas, or picadas, are a delicious traditional Mexican antojito , or appetizer. They are very eas...
This Week's Most Popular Posts
Mmmmm, kaw (kaw saik jrouk) is one of my favorite Cambodian dishes. I absolutely love it's delicious caramelized yumminess! It is...