8 large eggs
2 TB heavy cream, sour cream, or plain yogurt
half of a roll of breakfast sausage, cooked and broken apart with oil well-drained
1 potato, sliced into thin rounds and sauteed until cooked
1/2c shredded cheddar
2 TB grated parmesan
1/4 medium onion, chopped and caramelized
1 green onion, sliced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 TB minced fresh parsley
cayenne pepper, to taste
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp Hungarian paprika (or other ground hot pepper)
1 tsp black pepper
salt to taste (be sure to salt the eggs and the potatoes)
1 TB butter
*you can always sub slices of any sausage you like in place of the breakfast sausage.
1. Set oven to 400F
2. Beat eggs, cream, seasoning, herbs, onions, and garlic until frothy.
3. Melt butter over medium heat in an oven-safe skillet. Place sausage and potato into the pan and pour egg mixture o top.
4. Pull the edges of the egg away from the sides of the pan with a spatula, allowing the uncooked eggs to flow to the bottom of the pan. Repeat this process until the frittata is half set.
5. Once the frittata is half set, place it in the oven for 10 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, plate, and enjoy. No need to invert since the top is the pretty side ;). Serve in slices. Refrigerate leftovers.
All-time Most Popular Posts
One of my favorite foods on earth is pernil, or latin style pulled pork. It's juicy, it's citrus-y, it's herby, it has the yum...
Sopes, also known as pellizcadas, migadas, or picadas, are a delicious traditional Mexican antojito , or appetizer. They are very eas...
This Week's Most Popular Posts
Mmmmm, kaw (kaw saik jrouk) is one of my favorite Cambodian dishes. I absolutely love it's delicious caramelized yumminess! It is...
Hi everyone! I always feel so rude not saying hi. I hope that you guys are having a great weekend. I've been doing a two week no j...