This delicious sweet tea is the perfect refreshing tea for a hot summer day. It has a beautiful fruity tang that contrasts with its sweetness.
4.5 cups of water
6 tea bags
juice of 1 lemon
juice of 2 navel oranges
juice of 1 red pear (peel, puree, and strain)
1-1/4 c sugar
1 cup water
1. Steep the tea bags in boiling water until all of it's strength is released--7-10 min. Be careful not to over-steep and burn the tea leaves.
2. Boil the sugar and water for the simple syrup
3. Meanwhile, juice and strain the citrus
4. Peel and chop the red pear and puree it in the blender
5. Strain the juices into a pitcher along with the cooled sugar syrup
6. Press the tea bags against the side of the pot to strain out any remaining liquid before removing the bags.
7. Allow the tea to cool (this avoids breaking the pitcher).
8. Add the tea bags and a cup of ice to the pitcher, chill, and enjoy!
Inspired by: http://www.deepsouthdish.com/2012/05/fresh-peach-sweet-iced-tea.html#more, http://www.deepsouthdish.com/2011/02/southern-fruit-iced-tea-recipe.html
All-time Most Popular Posts
One of my favorite foods on earth is pernil, or latin style pulled pork. It's juicy, it's citrus-y, it's herby, it has the yum...
Sopes, also known as pellizcadas, migadas, or picadas, are a delicious traditional Mexican antojito , or appetizer. They are very eas...
This Week's Most Popular Posts
Hi everyone! I always feel so rude not saying hi. I hope that you guys are having a great weekend. I've been doing a two week no j...
Mmmmm, kaw (kaw saik jrouk) is one of my favorite Cambodian dishes. I absolutely love it's delicious caramelized yumminess! It is...